Happy Halloween all! So as you can probably tell from the title, my Halloween was a bit strange.. I have had the cold from hell for a few weeks now, and last night I had a fever that freaked Kip out so bad that he wanted to ship me to the hospital. My solution was to pop some tylenol and wait till this morning when could drag my ass there myself. It took me three tries to find the right building. Once I got there I got shuffled from clerk to clerk trying to find someone that could speak English. Finally I got a nice guy that was able to decipher my problem and send me off to the right department. I waited for about two hours in the waiting room before I finally heard the nurse call "Mrs.Tara?" The doctor was nice enough; but he insisted that my problem was simply allergies. I tried to explain that raging fevers and green snot is not "allergies," but he was very confused. His solution was to shove a foot-long skinny metal probe up my nose. I started screaming like a baby (so loud the nurse came running!) Apparently their solution is to shove a metal probe up your nose which deposits gauze way the hell up there. The gauze is supposed to help the nose stop running. Geez- why didn't I think of that?? Anyhow, after all is said and done he writes me a prescription for SUDAPHED!! I could have walked my ass to the pharmacy and just gotten my own sudaphed! Needless to say I will not be visiting the hospitals here anytime soon. On a lighter note we had a really fun week at school up until yesterday. We had "Halloween week" this week. Monday and Tuesday we decorated the rooms with decorations that the kids made. Wednesday we carved pumpkins, and yesterday we played Halloween bingo which the kids loved. So although today wasn't so hot, Halloween wasn't so bad this year all in all :-)
3 comments:
were you given any indication of how to get the gauze OUT? sounds horrifying...
hope you feel better.
Ha thanks! And no- I still have no idea what happens with the gauze... And since I stopped him before the gauze was deposited up my nose, I may never find out!
Wow, i loved the fact you two were working together with the kids. Beautiful pics Tara, thanks so much!!
Post a Comment