Tara and Kip

Tara and Kip

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pepero Day!

Okay so in Korea, there is this ridiculous holiday called "Pepero Day." Like Valentines day, it is a contrived holiday created by a huge corporation. Peperos are those little sticks that are cracker inside, and chocolate outside. Some people dip them in their coffee in America.... You know the ones. Anyhow, Lotte Mart created this holiday in the hopes of selling more candy. It started in a middle school in Busan where girls would give these candies to each-other. They were supposed to bring good luck to the receiver; so that she would grow up to be stick thin like the candies! Well the holiday grew, and now everyone gives each other these peperos on November eleventh. Needless to say, I came home today with a shopping bag full. I think I am good on peperos until I am about seventy three.. (give or take a few years) :-)

No comments: