Tara and Kip

Tara and Kip

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's soccer time... or is it futbol...

Hello again from Korea. For all our stateside readers, it's called soccer. But for all our international readers it's called futbol. This past saturday Tara and myself went to see a match with our co-worker Simon and our new friend Byoung Chul. Ulsan Hyundai was playing Fulham FC. The plan was to meet them outside the ticket window at six. When six came and went there we were still on the KMTS. Being still pretty new to the KMTS (Korean Mass Transit System) otherwise known as the bus, we didn't leave early enough.  Got a little nervous when we saw the stadium... then we turned away from it. I forgot that the bus had to make a loop before getting to the drop off point.
So now we're at the stadium. I must add that this stadium is the stadium that was used in the 2002 World Cup Semi Finals. So needless to say I'm pretty stoked. After meeting Simon and Byoung Chul head to buy some Hite. At this point we can see the field right in front of us. I have Byoung Chul ask one of the guards if we could go down closer to the field so Simon can take a picture of me and the field. When we're down doing that the guards say that we can sit in the section right behind the goal (we paid for the cheap seats and got the expensive ones instead) so we head there. I brought my camera and took some pictures.

The final score of the game was Fulham FC 2 Ulsan Hyundai 1. Both teams played quite well but Fulham deserved the win.